Area Race Coordinator
There are 11 Areas of US Sailing
Coordinate the sailing programs of the Regional Sailing Associations (RSAs)
Schedule and coordinate championship events
Provide coordination of judges and race officers
Serve as liaison with US Sailing.
The Area Race Coordinators oversee and ensure the successful commission of Area responsibilities. The Area Race Coordinator is one of the most important links in the US Sailing structure.
1. ARC oversee and are responsible for the satisfactory conduct of the RSA and Area championships, which produce competitors to the US Sailing national championships. This is an extremely important function for the Area Race Coordinator in preserving the quality of the championships.
• Area Race Coordinators must familiarize themselves with how the championships are managed by visiting: http://championships.ussailing.org/Championship_Management.htm
• Area Race Coordinators, with responsibility for the satisfactory conduct of RSA and Area championships, will be greatly assisted by the information found at: http://championships.ussailing.org/Championship_Management.htm
• Area Race Coordinators, guided by the information provided above, must communicate and coordinate with the Area Representative for each of the U.S. Championship to ensure that the U.S. Championship qualifying events are held in a timely, well organized, and successful manner.
• Area Representative roles and responsibilities are outlined at http://championships.ussailing.org/Championship_Management.htm
2. Area Race Coordinators (ADs) are the primary representatives between Regional Sailing Associations (RSAs) in their respective Areas, and the US Sailing Board of Directors and committees.