These are sponsors who are sponsoring the championship only and have no contract with US Sailing i.e. your sponsors.
If you are approached by a potential event sponsor who might conflict with a national sponsor, let US Sailing know so we can let our national sponsor have “right of first refusal”.
Dependent on level of sponsorship, US Sailing will provide some Event Sponsors with visibility at the bottom of the championship website as mutually agreed
- All materials and premiums must be approved by US Sailing prior to publication/ printing to avoid any conflicts with national sponsorship agreements. US Sailing has contractual obligations across several categories which need to be honored.
- The Event Sponsor will be designated as an “Official Event Sponsor”
- An Event Sponsor banner may be displayed if provided. These banners will be subordinated to the national sponsor banners.
The host club
- Will follow the outline of the program template provided by US Sailing
- May put an Event Sponsor ad within any program developed for the championship
- May provide visibility to the Event Sponsor on the host club’s website subordinate to the national sponsors
- The host club and US Sailing may recognize Event Sponsor in public announcements at the event such as the opening or awards ceremonies
- The host club may include event sponsor identification on certain collateral so long as it’s agreed with US Sailing
- Event Sponsor may provide and distribute premiums (as approved by US Sailing ) to the winners and other participants in the event, the team members and candidates for the awards
- The host club may invite the Event sponsor to opening and closing ceremonies, social events and provide them with spectator boat access
US Sailing depends on host clubs to cooperate in avoiding conflicts with existing national sponsors, for instance, no watches. A complete list can be found at www.ussailing.org/sponsorship.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.