Templates for Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions
NOTICE OF RACE updated 3/11/13
The following Notice of Race Template incorporates all of the necessary requirements and information for the U.S. Junior Sailing Championships. The Area Representative will coordinate with the host club in regard to the necessary details of the local venue. You will find that you cannot edit the entire document. This is because US Sailing regulations apply in a number of areas.
- If boats and sails are supplied at an Area Qualifier, then class rules regarding sails may be waived and this should be expressly stated in the NOR.
- If this is a bring-your-own event, then class rules shall apply.
- Please determine in advance if your semi final is a Grade 1, 2 or 3 event as it relates to coaching. See http://championships.ussailing.org/Youth/Coaching_and_Support_Vessels.htm)
- Please note – A minimum of five (5) boats are required to be both entered by the NOR registration deadline and on the starting line for the single and doublehanded fleets in order for the winners to move on. For the remaining fleet a minimum of three (3) boats are required to be both entered by the NOR registration dateline and also be on the starting line.
- Make sure that this is clearly communicated to your potential participants in advance. Allow enough time between registration and the regatta to communicate to the sailors if a minimum fleet size has not been established so they don’t make an unnecessary trip.
Note: If on the day of the elimination the minimum number of boats are not present there shall be no racing (even for a practice race ). This is a Rules situation and an appeal may rule that this racing will have meaning.
If you are running a qualifier in conjunction with another event, you will need to include an amendment. The template can be found in the menu on the left.
The following SI Template incorporates all of the necessary requirements and information for the U.S. Junior Sailing Championships. Items in blue are at the discretion of the local organize and can be edited. Areas in black are fixed to meet championship conditions and cannot be edited. If need be an appendix can be attached.
If you have questions, please contact your Regional Judge or Area Race Officer. They are here to help you.